Saturday, September 28, 2019

Photos From Last Season

I was looking through some of my Magnolia photos from the past and ran across a few that I thought were interesting.

These were taken 12/31/18, New Years Eve day last season. Edna Nelson was busy demonstrating how to make noodles. I happened to wander up to Allen Hall with my camera and as I recall that is what she was showing how to make. I think after she had them all rolled out she cut them up very finely with her knife. No fancy noodle machine necessary. Leslie and Mary are taking it all in and there were others there too but I just don't have any pictures of them for some reason. Jim told me that his mother made noodles but they were big noodles, nothing as thin as the kind Edna made. My mother also made noodles but I have never made a noodle in my life and I'm thinking it's a lost art. The way Edna did it seemed easy as pie! I noticed that she
had short sleeves on but both Leslie and Mary were bundled up so I'm guessing it was one of our cooler days of which there were many last season.





I ran across Max Pierce and Michael Murray on December 6 of last year. They are neighbors on Peach Street and they certainly both looked like they were enjoying each others company.



This is the Bluegrass Band which would practice in the corner of Allen Hall every Monday afternoon at 4:00. On February 16 they presented a little show for us and it was very good. You can see Jay Kelly in the front row with his fiddle.



No comments: