Thursday, September 05, 2019

Blog Transition

I talked with Barb this morning and as you can see from the new heading we decided that it is time to change the purpose and direction of this blog. I told her that I would like to see it as a place where those of us who have been long-time Magnolia residents can keep abreast of what is happening. As you know there have been many changes in Magnolia and many of the "Magnolia Family" have already moved to other parks or are in the process of arranging a move. I don't necessarily see that as bad just different. Magnolia has become a family park and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that but for a lot of us it isn't exactly what we had in mind when we decided to become Winter Texans, or full time residents of south Texas for that matter.

Here are some of the things that I would like to see happen through this blog. If you have good or bad news that you would like to share with your "Magnolia Family" this is the place to put it. All you have to do is send it to either Barb or myself. And I think this doesn't just have to be in the winter. I for one thoroughly enjoyed all the photos from the Misfeldt birthday bash which was held earlier this summer. There were former Magnolia residents that some of us hadn't seen for years so for those of us who couldn't make it to the party the pictures were great.

I know in the past there has been some resentment when for one reason or another long-time park residents made the move to another park, usually for very good reasons. I would really hope that doesn't continue to happen. For all those who have made the move in the last few years I would really hope that they could feel like they would be welcome to come back to visit old friends who still live in the park. (I think "old" might have a double meaning as most all of us are old and have been friends for many years.)

Even though the blog is in transition we will still try to keep you informed of what is happening in Magnolia. It won't be long and some of the first Winter Texans will be down there. Here it is September already and usually there are quite a few who arrive in October. Fall is in the air. We had 47 degrees here this morning in Central Wisconsin and when I walked I had a jacket, headband and gloves on. It was chilly!

Stay tuned and feel free to send what you would like to share.

1 comment:

Cooke's said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.