Tuesday, December 29, 2015
Monday, December 28, 2015
Saturday, December 26, 2015
Pecan Bill and the war of the squirrels. Bill loves to shell out pecans but not for the squirrels. They become aggressive and bothersome if he is not generous or there is a shortage of dropped bits. To counteract this problem, Bill has been trapping them and finding them new homes. When taking the last one for a ride, squirrel number 2, they passed by an old pecan grove so Bill pulled in and dropped number two off in the middle of squirrel heaven. So when he caught number 3 today he took him to the pecan grove too. He said the minute he opened the trap door number 3 took off like a rocket! Lucky squirrel.
Friday, December 25, 2015
I made this dish for Thanksgiving and again for Christmas. Not a drop came home with me. I followed the recipe precisely and it is soooo good. I nibbled on it several times this morning as I was cooking it. I cooked it early and then put it in a crockpot set on 'keep warm'. This recipe can be found in the recipe page on this blog. And on www.brooker3.blogspot.com
Roasted Vegetable Medley
Roasted Vegetable Medley
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
MAKES: 7 servings
- 3 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into small wedges
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium red onion, cut into wedges
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 T. of Morton Season-All salt.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, combine potatoes, red peppers, squash, sweet potato and onion. In a small bowl, whisk oil, vinegar and seasonings. Pour over vegetables and toss to coat.
- Transfer to two greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake, uncovered, 30-40 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 7 servings.
1 cup equals 152 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 347 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
I prepared this in my NuWave oven. Oven set on 350 for 30 minutes-used extension and 3 “ rack- stirred once during cooking. Loved it!
Merry Christmas everyone from the Magnolia Family to our readers. We are celebrating with a Christmas dinner in Allen Hall as we do each year. It is always a feast that much thought and preparation has been given and we are remembering it is a celebration of Jesus's birthday.
Wednesday, December 23, 2015
Monday, December 21, 2015
Sunday, December 20, 2015
We know where part of our Magnolia family was this fine South Texas Sunday. They were enjoying a meal at Riverside, south of Mission Texas. As the name implies it is on the Rio Grande Riverside. U.S. side not the Mexican side.
Thursday, December 17, 2015
Santa either did not smile even once or he smiled all the time without fail!!