Sunday, September 08, 2019

Linda Dick has another new hip

I was sorry to find out that Linda Dick broke her hip on August 6 and had hip replacement surgery that same evening about 6:30. She went to Lena Therapy on August 9 and she will be coming home on September 11 which is just a few days away. Bob says he will be glad when he gets her back home. If you will recall she fell in Allen Hall and broke her hip (I'm assuming the other one as I can't remember) and had that repaired. I am guessing she is mighty sick of broken hips and I'm sure she would be glad to get cards from her Magnolia friends.They hope to be going to Texas after Thanksgiving which actually isn't that far away as we are approaching the middle of September already.

We've had a super busy summer here trying to get a lot of outside work done and working Jim's cataract surgery in too. Tomorrow morning he will get his second eye done and then another month before he has an appointment to see what kind of glasses he will need. We were hoping to take our new 5th wheel for a trial run to see if everything works but I guess that won't happen. We'll "wing it" and hope for the best. I have to say our RV dealer does a pretty good job of checking everything out before the units leave their lot. This is the third KZ  that we have bought from them and so far have been satisfied. I hope I'm not jinxing us by saying that!

I just looked at the outside temp. It's 58° outside here but I know it's much warmer down in Donna. I don't know if you noticed but  Barb put the weather widget back on. The one we had quite a long time ago had ceased to work so she took it off. Hopefully this one will work better.

Remember, if you have news you'd like to share, whether you are a current resident or a past resident, please let one of us know. We'd be happy to put it on the blog.

1 comment:

Barbara Brooker said...

Yes, we would love to hear from you! Also, is Linda going to take up hula dancing now that she has two new hips?