Thursday, August 08, 2019

Two Items of NOT good news (edited)


I  posted this about one minute ago and just had a phone call from Chris Pearce that Sharon Hvam passed away about 15 minutes ago. I am going to leave the original post so that you know what happened. If I can get a complete obituary I will post it as soon as it's available.

I have received word today that Sharon Hvam suffered a massive stroke I believe on Monday of this week. The word that I got is that she most likely will be going into Hospice. If you would like to send cards her home address is in the directory and I'm sure someone will see that she gets them.

The other bit of not good news is that Larry and Janice Cooke were involved in an accident in Driscoll Texas with their pickup and 5th wheel. For some reason, Larry lost consciousness and they veered into the side of a mobile home. The good news is that neither Larry or Janice nor the folks in the mobile home were seriously injured. The bad news is their 5th wheel burned and their truck is also totaled. That had to have been very frightening for all who were involved. Their sons came down from Missouri to help them get home and below is a picture of their truck. Larry will be seeing his doctor on the 15th to see if they can figure out what happened.

I have to admit I am a terrible card sender. It seems I always have good intentions but somehow don't follow through. I have a feeling that all the people who I have mentioned during the summer would appreciate a greeting just to let them know you are thinking of them.

I also have been told that at least one Winter Texan home had a sewage leak under it, I think from a broken pipe. Waneta Yoder was kind enough to let them know about it and I know the owners are grateful to her.

As always, if you have news to share whether good or bad, please let me know and if I have permission I will put it on the blog.


No comments: