Saturday, December 23, 2017

As Christmas nears...

We have been on a roller coaster of a ride with the weather lately. Not too unusual this time of year. We get to exercise the furnace and the air conditioner and sometimes on the same day. When we are in a cool spell it feels a bit more like Christmas in the air. It is cool today.

I have signed up for a reading on Christmas Eve. I haven't done that for a couple of years now. I am relying on some failing memories because I do not yet have any new material and I may have to fall back on one I have done before.

We are experiencing Fall in South Texas despite the date on the calendar. The leaves are changing color and falling from the trees. And you didn't think we had 4 seasons here, now did you? To be honest, we do not always. Sometimes we have one season all year, and sometimes two, rarely three and virtually never four. Any of those seasons can last a day or a week.
Very soon the trees will be bare and in a few short weeks, they will begin to sprout new leaves. It is always a shock to me when we return to Iowa in April and find the trees are still naked and will be until sometime in May.
Due to this flip/flop weather we have is it no wonder that Christmas can sneak up on us. It is discombobulating to plan for Christmas dinner when the thermometer reads 87 degrees. We do our best.




No comments: