Friday, January 12, 2018

This and That

The weather has moderated. Before coming south this year I saw a prediction the Rio Grande Valley would have a warmer than normal winter. So far that is completely off the mark. It isn't all bad because moderate is good. The nights are often cool and the days are in the 60's and low 70's for the most part. In my mind, it is much drier than normal. The humidity has been surprisingly low. I have a bucket placed to catch moisture coming off the roof of the motorhome and I use it to water my plants. Many mornings I find not a drop of moisture in the bucket.

While walking a few mornings ago I looked down and spotted a coin. And this is what it turned out to be. I looked at a few websites and the value seems to be around the 6 or 7 dollar range. It is in pretty bad shape so perhaps it is less than that. It was a surprising find none the less.


The last cold snap we had did some damage. Nothing serious or permanent. The tops of the papaya trees are looking bedraggled. In past years, we were told that a cold snap is beneficial to grapefruit and makes them juicier and sweeter. Should be a great crop of ruby reds coming soon.

Last Monday at crafts Edna brought this pattern so I took a picture of it. A blast from the past for the crafty women.

No comments: