Monday, May 20, 2019

Park News



I chatted for a little bit with Bea this afternoon because I have had phone calls telling me that it was announced last week that Magnolia would be a family park.

This is what Bea told me. She said that she did not use those words but what she said was the park is a multi-age park. She told me that she is trying hard to be mindful of the ages when the units are rented and in fact, the units are not renting easily, at least at this time. Now, everyone I imagine is going to have their own idea of what a multi-age park is, I know we do.  The mobiles that have been brought in are huge and there will not be any park models brought in. I believe they are all two or three bedroom.

The streets are being worked on, in fact I have received a few pictures of that. From what I understand, the potholes were filled with asphalt and then a very thin coating was sprayed on the streets. Anything would be an improvement I would think.

David Helton who lived over on Willow has pulled his mobile out of the park and as far as I know, there haven't been any others that have left, at least not recently.

I did not ask Bea about the rents but I know a lot of you who own mobiles have paid for a year in advance before you left the park this spring. As RVers, we would like to know what they intend to do with the RV rates. As of yet, I can't find any kind of website for Magnolia and the one that I do find for Shady is old as their email address on there is flintstone properties and they are no longer the owners of either park.

If any of you have information you'd like to share, please send me an email and as I say every time, my email address is in the directory as well as our phone number. If I hear anything else, I will certainly post it.

No comments: