Saturday, October 07, 2023

This and That

 Here it is October and it is finally feeling like it. I wore my heavier jacket today on my morning walk plus a headband, gloves and hood up. It had been really warm but this is much more fall-like and we are enjoying it. A lot of the trees in our area have reached their peak color and heading downward. We have two maples with tons of leaves and I really wish they would all fall down so we can get them raked up and carted down to the woods. We mowed a week ago and it looks like we will probably have to mow one more time. It did finally rain quite a bit so the grass grew a bit.

We will be heading south at the end of the month and I'm already making piles of the stuff that goes. Most likely I'll forget something. It's quite different from when we had the RV when all the essential "stuff" stayed in it and all we had to load was our clothes, food and "toys" which in our case are computers and for me, yarn, music books, quilting supplies etc. I think our load down this year should be less than last year but what I already have piled up seems to be quite a bit. We'll see how it all works out.

I have been told via the grapevine that Chris Pearce will be having surgery on her wrist again on October 9 and even though I haven't asked her if I can post that information which is what I usually do I am telling all you Magnolia people so you can keep her and Ron in your thoughts, hoping for a better outcome this time around. You may recall, she fell last year and broke her wrist. It was taken care of at Knapp and just like our brother-in-law Mort Morehouse, it did not turn out well. Mort also had to have his redone back here in Wisconsin. His turned out just fine the second time around.

If you have news you'd like to share, please do let me know. Safe travels to everyone as they make their way south for a new season in South Texas and for those of you who don't make that trip anymore just remember, you are missed and it is surprising how many times our former Magnolia Park friends are mentioned in our conversations. Trails End has a large contingent of Magnolia people and we are all still a pretty close knit group.

I almost forgot, we do still have honey and we will be bringing at least two cases of honey with us when we head out. Most of that is spoken for but if you'd like a jar and have not contacted me before, let me know. A two pound jar is $10 and this is raw, filtered honey fresh from Jim's bees.

No comments: