Monday, December 27, 2021

Bits of our former life

 I was cleaning out some old papers I had acquired from the time we were in Magnolia Park. One of which I had been looking for; remember S.C.A.N.? It was proposed that whenever a new idea came up that it needed to be SCANned before making the presentation to the membership. It was great because it saved so much time at the monthly meetings. 

Here is the checklist. First off, approach your idea with your friends to find out the 4 questions below. The more people backing your idea the more likely it will be met with approval.

1. Need or Want?

2. Cost?

3. Affect?

4. Support?

And then propose the SCAN to the general membership by sharing your findings

S-Support

C-Cost

A-Affect

N-Need

It still works! If all these areas are thought out and addressed it is likely to make it through with a positive vote in almost any situation. 

Now, this may seem like a strange thing to post however, I did think that our scattered Magnolia folk could possibly use this method in the new situations they find themselves in.

Throughout my life when I have met with resistance to an idea I always find a way around it. I was explaining this to my son and he said it sounded like our family motto should be 'No Simply Means a Detour". I agree! In fact, if I have a gravestone it should be on it.

And on a lighter note, I found a poem I used one time at Magnolia.

Trashy

Trash must be carried out,

After each hall event,

So odors and rodents,

Don't pay us rent.


Trash cans abound in Allen Hall,

3 of them big, one of them small.

Fill up the small one first if you will,

Then each of the big ones in turn gets the swill.


When everyone leaves and you're 

Last in the hall,

Take the refuse with you,

Cuz that's a good call.


We Thank you, We Thank you,

For this service rendered,

Couldn't think of a good line

To have this thing ended!


No comments: