Monday, February 01, 2021

Sad News

 I am sorry to have to tell you that I have been informed of the passing of Larry Josie, down here in Texas, a few days ago. He and Cathy Toms were relatively new residents of Magnolia Park. They bought Nelson and Mable Zoot's house a few years ago and very quickly became active members of the Senior Citizens of Magnolia Park Association. We called him Larry II because we already had Larry Ergen and that way it was easy to know which Larry we meant. At the end of last season he and Cathy moved their mobile over to Leisure World which is a sister park to Trails End. Our sincere sympathies to Cathy and his entire family. He will be missed by all who knew him. If I can find an obituary I will post it here.

On a lighter note I keep forgetting to mention that Dick Nelson has moved back up north (to the land of ice and snow) and I might add that information came down through the usual channels - the grapevine! I understand that Fred Rabe is doing well and I think he calls Ron and Chris to chat pretty often. We have seen Joe and Linda Bleess a couple of times and they are settled in over at Siesta Village. That is a park over on 1015 where you can buy your own lot, not just rent a spot. They join a couple of others who left Magnolia several years ago and they tell me that they like it a lot. There are only a very few original Magnolia residents left over there. I believe the garage sale will be this Saturday as it is the first Saturday of the month.

Some of us have registered down here to get the Covid Vaccine and are hopeful that we may be called soon. It is a mammoth undertaking getting everyone vaccinated and if we don't get it while down here it is available back home at our local pharmacy, believe it or not. In the meantime, we continue to wear our masks, wash our hands and socially distance. Jim and I aren't great socializers as most of you know so that is not too much of a hardship for us! We haven't been out to eat for ages so don't miss that either but I know most people do miss the ability to eat out safely. That day will come again.

We are enjoying meeting new people even though nothing much is going on in our park. So far no covid in here and the buildings are open with very limited numbers of people able to be in them - it all depends on the square footage available and what the city of Weslaco dictates are the rules to be followed. We see "Magnolia" people every day and it is so nice to stay connected!

Remember, if you have news you'd like to share, please let me know and I will put it on.

Stay Safe!!

No comments: