Tuesday, January 26, 2021

More Birds

I have to admit yesterday was a wonderful birding day and I know that a lot of you Magnolia Blog followers also enjoy the birds that are down here. Many of you have already seen this on my own Facebook page but for those who are not on Facebook I want to share this with you.

Yesterday, in the early morning when I was out for my usual morning walk the parrots once again arrived and this time a few landed just down the street from our RV so I came back and got the camera. It was a dark cloudy morning but still, they showed up pretty well.

Then yesterday afternoon after the sun came out we went birding over at Estero Llano World Birding Center in Weslaco. I'm sure some of you have been there. This entire winter there has been a very rare bird there which until now had never been seen in Texas anywhere. It is a female Elegant Trogon and she has been very hard to catch sight of. We have been there several times without finding her but yesterday was different and I happened to catch sight of her and she cooperated beautifully. I got a bunch of photos and they do show her off really well. This is a good-sized bird with a very long tail and it was a thrill to be able to actually get some pretty good pictures. There were lots of other birds out to so it really was a great day!!




No comments: