Monday, December 30, 2019

More Winter Texan News and Upcoming Entertainment (edited)

(If you have already read this, I have added some info about Kay Stilson which I meant to put in when I posted this a little bit ago.)


The latest arrivals include Abe & Roxy Wolfe, Don Kiel, Bob & Bev Stavrum, and Gerold & Karen Goetz. I don't think I have mentioned Ken & Helga Huizenga although they got in just before Christmas.

We do have folks who either aren't coming at all this year or they will be arriving later. Peggy has heard from the Stilsons that first Bill was in the hospital but I think he is now home. Kay, however had a slight stroke and come to find out she has an aneurysm and will be going to Iowa City for treatment. One of their sons will be helping Bill at home while Kay is being treated. Jerry & Edna Walker are not coming down this season due to ongoing health issues with Jerry. I'm not sure if Tom & Joyce Rietveld are coming or not but as I understand it Tom has some health issues. His brother Cornie & Ruth Ann are also dealing with health issues for Ruth Ann so I don't know if they will be down or not. I'm betting that all of these Magnolia people would appreciate hearing from their Winter Texan friends.

Next Monday, January 6 Goldwing Express will be providing entertainment in Allen Hall at 1:30 PM. The cost is $9/person and I believe they are going to be in the Valley only for a short time so this is your opportunity to hear them. Remember when they were in the park for Vera's birthday party and put on quite a show. As I recall, a good time was had by all! It would be really nice to have a full house for this show.

Here are some photos from last time.




No comments: