Sunday, October 27, 2019

Winter Texan Update

I had to look back to see who I last reported was in and now there have been some more additions. Ron and Chris Pearce got in I think shortly after Chet & Irma and I was thinking I had already posted that but when I looked back I couldn't find it (that doesn't mean it isn't already there, just that I didn't see it). Don and Marty Harper are there and Donna & Kent Stevens got in yesterday (you may know them as Ed Piche's daughter and son-in-law). Donna told me that they had a little bit of an accident in Des Moines. They had pulled into a gas station and someone hit them. I kiddingly said you have to watch out for those darn Iowa drivers and she responded that it was someone from Brownsville. As we all know, you do have to watch out for those darn Texas drivers. To those of us from rural areas it seems like they do drive fast and rather recklessly down in South Texas.Donna said neither she or Kent were in the car and there was minimal damage. Deral & Linda Rogers are in and today I believe Donn and Peggy Gordon arrived as well as DeWayne and Carmen Friesen so as it gets colder up here more and more folks will be heading south.

One day last week Andy Harper's unit was pulled out and taken to Trails End. He had originally thought he would stay at Magnolia but a nice spot became available and he grabbed it.

As always, safe travels to all who are venturing out.

No comments: