Monday, October 14, 2019

Canadian Thanksgiving

 Today is Thanksgiving Day in Canada so we'd like to take this opportunity to wish all of our past and present Winter Texan Canadian friends a Happy Thanksgiving. From what I read it is much like our Thanksgiving and always falls on the 2nd Monday of October, similar to ours always being on the 4th Thursday of November. I believe both of them celebrate thankfulness for family and friends as well as being thankful for the fall harvest. Unfortunately I believe this year there are many places, certainly in the States as well as Canada where the harvest may be difficult. I believe they have already had snow and of course, so have we out in the Dakotas and further west. We have been inundated with rain whereas parts of our country have a drought situation, In any case, I hope all of you Canadians spent the day with family and friends and I know that some of you will be on the road soon heading to south Texas. We wish you safe travels and look forward to seeing you soon.

I do know that there are already a few Winter Texans in Magnolia,  Shirley & Roy Benner are there as well as Pat & Mike Jordan and I believe Handyman Bob is there too.  There may be more that I'm not aware of but I'm sure I'll be hearing soon when more arrive.

As more of you start out we wish you safe travels on your trek south. Our motto has become, what's the hurry, we have all winter so we do take our time unlike a few years back when it was hurry, hurry, hurry. Our travel days are shorter and we try not to drive at night. Old eyes don't do so well in the dark so we prefer daylight. We are contemplating going around Houston on the toll road, #99. If any of you have done this, let us know how it was. We have "done" Houston three times and said never again but this doesn't actually look too bad. I don't believe there is a lot of traffic I imagine because you have to pay to drive on it.

If anyone has news they would like to share, please let me know.

No comments: