Tuesday, July 02, 2019

Health Updates



I've been checking with most of the people who have had health procedures or issues that I am aware of and just thought I'd give you a few updates.

Bernie Nagle is having more tests as I understand it. This has been a LONG ordeal for the Nagels and we wish him well.

I checked with Susan Van Houweling yesterday and she told me that Myron is doing okay. They take it one day at a time. I thought he was looking good in the last couple of pictures I've seen of him at the Misfeldt party. For those of you who don't know, Myron was a farmer before he retired and farmers, unfortunately because of their occupation, often will run into respiratory as well as other health issues. I've often said that I could never be a farmer. You are totally subject to the weather over which you have no control. This season here in Wisconsin as well as most other mid-west states the weather has been absolutely terrible. Here it is July and we have fields around here that have not been planted and hay that has not been cut because it is just too darn wet. We do have other farmers or retired farmers in the park and I wonder how they are doing this spring, and now summer in this year with so much rain.

Connie Dziuk told me that her knee is doing okay but she does still have the infection. That's a bummer. I hope that clears up real soon.

Cindy Peterson is undergoing therapy and it's going very well. She said the whole journey wasn't as bad as she had anticipated. That's a good thing to hear, much better than if it had been worse than she had expected.

Don Harper is also doing therapy and Marty told me he is doing very well but gets tired. I would think that probably all of these people are finding that their procedures took a lot out of them. I hope they are all being sensible and not overdoing it.

I am thinking that Anita Nelson is doing okay as well as I have not heard anything to the contrary and I am also presuming that Pecan Bill is also still doing well.

We are all rather like a family as a lot of us have been saying for a long time and in spite of all the changes that are going on in the park, we still can keep in touch with and be concerned about our fellow residents.

As always, if you have something you'd like posted, just let me know. My email is in the directory or texts work as well.

No comments: