Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Geek Alert


I use Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome for my browsers. I gave up Internet Explorer years ago. I like both Firefox and Chrome and cannot say I have a favorite between the two. But today I had a window suddenly appear (red flag) on my computer telling me I needed to update Google Chrome. There were three choices to download but I suddenly said to myself, "What the heck is happening here?" I decided if I did need to update I could do it later so I clicked out of all the windows and the browser. Later I brought Google Chrome back up and did a search in Google asking "How do I find out how to update Google Chrome?" My search results told me I did not need to update Google Chrome because it auto updates. You will always have the latest version with Google Chrome. Bottom line? I dodged a bullet and I really cannot say I dodged it purposely. I stumbled into the right decision.
So why am I sharing this? In case it happens to you, hopefully  the right choice will come to you consciously.
My computer could have been hopelessly handed to some underhanded individual quicker than a wink. Be careful out there.

No comments: