Thursday, August 22, 2024

Raul Saldivar

 





Cindy Peterson called today to tell me that Raul Saldivar passed away on Monday, August 19 of a massive heart attack at his residence in Magnolia Park. I looked for an obituary but all it said was he was born in 1934 and was 89 years old. We remember Raul well, I would meet him lots of times in the park somewhere or he would be sitting on a bench in front of the office or riding his bike around. I remember him saying it's okay to go to Mexico but you just make sure you are out of there before dark. I remember taking this picture, he wouldn't take his hat off and it made no difference to me. We think we remember him telling us he worked in Nebraska and Jim thinks Raul told us that he was born in the Rio Grande Valley. He was a very nice man and we liked him a lot. I do appreciate Cindy letting me know so that I could let you all know.


No comments: