Sunday, August 04, 2024

Another Birthday

 I had a call this evening from Elaine Misfeldt and she told me that JoAnne Keyser, who I'm sure many of you remember, is having her 90th birthday on August 17. Joanne and her husband Jerry lived back on Cummings and she also worked at the flea market. I remember her well because when Jim and I went down to pick up our first RV, a Trek which Chet and Irma had found for us, she and Jerry went out of their way to be nice to us. It was in the summer and most winter Texans were long gone and they went out of their way to be helpful.

Her address is PO Box 185, Callaway Nebraska 68825 and I'm sure she would appreciate hearing from her former Magnolia friends.

Other than that, I have no other news. Summer is winding down, here it is August already. It's been very hot and sticky the last several days but tomorrow is going to be much cooler with rain in the forecast.

Our Amish neighbors have their roadside produce stand open for business so we have had our first meal of sweet corn and actually, our second meal too. It's so good and the season is so short that we enjoy it at every opportunity. It's almost time for Jim to harvest his honey. He's hoping for another good year but it's a bit early to really know what is out there. We plan to take two cases south with us as there have been many requests for Jim's honey as it's much better than what you will find in the store.

As always, if you have news, please let me know.

No comments: