Saturday, June 29, 2024

Another Birthday

 I received a message today asking me to let you all know that we have another important birthday coming up among our Magnolia family (at our ages, all birthdays are important). On July 13 Elaine Misfeldt will turn 85. It would be nice if  we could fill her mailbox with birthday cards and wish her well. Her address is 612 7th St NE #1, Pipestone MN 56164. I chatted with Elaine just before LeRoy's birthday and she sounded just like I was sitting across the table from her in Allen Hall in Magnolia. It was nice talking with her. Mark your calendars and get those cards in the mail! 

Here it is almost the 4th of July, time does fly by. I know it sounds trite, but it's true. It seems like we just got home from the valley at the end of March and here it is the end of June. We are in an area where strawberries are grown at this time of the year. You can pick your own at some places or buy them ready picked. We bought an ice cream bucket full (that's how they are sold here) from one of the many Amish roadside stands in our area. The cost was $10 and they were worth every penny of that. I made a pan of Better Homes and Gardens Rich Strawberry shortcake recipe, we ate that up so I made another pan full (9 inch layer cake pan) and we ate that up and now the berries are gone too. We are thinking maybe we'll get another bucket full on Monday (no Sunday sales at the Amish places) and have some more shortcake. It's such a short season and there is nothing like fresh strawberry shortcake! Yum!!

Other than that I have no other news of any importance. Remember, if you have something to share, please let me know and I'll be happy to put it on the blog.


Enjoy Summer!!

No comments: