Tuesday, February 20, 2024

This and That

Time is flying by it seems at a record speed. It seems we just got here, actually around the 1st of November and here it is almost March. We will stay until the end of March or thereabouts as we like to be home around April 1.

I've been busy this whole season, what with one thing or  another. We are still remodeling the mobile home we purchased in December of 2022 but are almost done. We are waiting for the roofer to come to put on a new metal roof which hopefully will happen before we head back north. The winter had been very dry until last weekend when we got around 4 inches of rain here in Weslaco which was so badly needed.

There are quite a few Magnolia people here and it's always nice to stop and chat a minute with them. This park has lots of Canadians in it and we've met some very nice folks here.

We've been birding a few times and plan to go a bit more often now. I am working on the park directory and now also do the monthly newsletter, both of which I do enjoy. We shoot pool on Friday evenings, mixed doubles, much like we used to do in Magnolia and we do not play with who we came with but draw cards to find our partner. It's a great way to meet new people and get to know them. Darlene Jansen plays as does Terry Froseth, Pat & Mike Jordan, Don & Marty Harper and Jim and I, along with others from the park. It's fun!

I seldom hear any other news from Magnolia people and as I've said before we do wonder about them. We drive by Magnolia and it sure doesn't look like it once did. Kind of sad.

As I say every time I post, if you have something to share, please let me know.

I'm going to share just one photo I took a couple of weeks ago and it is of an Audubon's Oriole.





No comments: