Tuesday, January 31, 2023

This and That

 I just wanted to let you know that Chris is doing wonderfully well with her healing process and will be starting therapy to get get full use of her hand back. Darlene has been Chris and Ron's shoulder to lean on in this process and I know they appreciate it. I told her I wasn't going to mention her name but I think it is only fair to say that Darlene and Peaches (her dog) have been a rock to lean on and more and I know that Chris and Ron are so appreciative of that. Let's hope that no more mishaps happen. Yesterday when I chatted with the three of them I told Chris to behave herself especially when it comes to ladders!

We are experiencing a few days of wet, nasty cold weather. Yesterday was very warm and then about 3:00 in the afternoon the cold front blew in. Today it never got out of the 40s and that is how tomorrow and I think Thursday, are going to be along with showers. It has been very dry so the rain is badly needed. We are lucky as the ice will stay north of us this time but the Dallas/Ft. Forth area was very badly hit. Lots of ice and lots of accidents. It's a good time to stay off the roads as the people down here, with the exception of us Winter Texans have no idea how to drive on ice and it's "driver beware" because if anyone touches their brakes they will be in for a surprise. But, as I said that is all staying north of us thank goodness.

The weather this winter over all has been very pleasant, much like years ago when we first started coming to the RGV. Then the last several years the weather has been dotted with extremes including "the big freeze" of 2021 which none of us who were down here will ever forget. We have been assured that the power grid is stable and ready, we will see. So far, no outages which is good. When we are back home the power rarely goes out although earlier this winter it did go out due to heavy wet snow and trees coming down all over.

Not much else new that I am aware of. As always, if you have news you would like to share, please let me know so I can post it.




No comments: