Friday, February 01, 2019

Magnolia Birds

When I was out on my morning walk this morning I found these birds.

Red-crowned Parrot seen in back of Pecos Street. That seems to be their favorite area to perch early in the morning. This morning there were just two that landed but a bunch more flew over. I took this photo at 8:03


These are Green Parakeets. There was a whole bunch of them perched on the electric wire above Business 83 more or less in front of the pool. There appeared to be grooming each other so it would seem that spring is in the air.



This is a Loggerhead Shrike. I see it almost every morning back on Cherry.



These last two is the same bird, just two different shots. It is a Golden-fronted Woodpecker. They are one of the most common birds down here in the Rio Grande Valley. I took this tonight about 5:30 and as you can see, now the sky is blue whereas this morning it was very dark and cloudy.



No comments: