Saturday, December 12, 2009

Neti-Pot



I have been in several discussions about the Neti-Pot lately so decided to discuss it in this venue. McAllen is one of the places in the nation with a very high allergen count. And those of us who have come here for years know it to be true. We are not here long when we hear of someone who is having upper respiratory irritations. Or we may be suffering with it ourselves. I had quite a time of it last year and decided to do all I could possibly think of to keep healthy this year. I watch Dr. Oz now and then and he highly touts the Neti-Pot as a way to curtail allergies and help with any upper respiratory irritations. I started using it twice a day to begin with and it feels so good to get those sinus rinsed out. Now I rinse out once a day and so far so good. Butch uses it too when he thinks of it. I had to remind him recently when he started in with some sinus congestion. He was already into it when he started but it sure helped abate and relieve the condition.
Here is the website for the Neti Pot that I have.
http://www.neilmed.com/usa/index.php
You can get plastic or porcelain and you get 50 saline powder packets with it.
I know they have this at WalMart and Walgreens too. Cost is around $15.00

No comments: