Saturday, September 21, 2024

This and that

 I know it's been quite a while since I last posted and it does seem as though all I've put on lately are obituaries.

I have no Magnolia news at all but thought I would chit-chat a bit about "this and that". We have had an interesting summer weather-wise as it rained almost non-stop for what seemed like months and now the faucet has been turned off. In other words, we could use some rain as we go into the fall season. Our Amish neighbors kept us supplied for several weeks with delicious sweet corn but I think that season is about over as they have their corn sign covered up. They do have lots of other produce though and it's very convenient to take a short walk up the road and pick up whatever vegetable or melon we may want and their prices are right!

The grass has certainly slowed down and we'll only have to mow a few more times I would think, especially if it doesn't rain. A few trees are starting to show some fall color but I would say we are a long way from peak color. We have not had any freeze yet although our buildings have had frost on the roofs a few times. 

I have been working on a quilt top which I thought I would have done as it's for a bed in Texas but so far that hasn't happened. Too many other things going on!

All of our summer birds have headed south so the view out the window is not so interesting. We do have quite a few deer including does with either one or two fawns and also a small buck, maybe two as it's hard to tell at this point if we see the same one or a different one. Their antlers are not impressive, at least not at this point.

Jim is done extracting honey and we will be taking two cases with us down to Texas, that's 24 jars and 16 of those are already spoken for. If you regularly get honey from us and haven't reserved a jar yet and you would like some you have to let me know.

That's all the news from Central Wisconsin and I hope all is well in your neck of the woods!!

No comments: