Sunday, March 08, 2020

Butch had an accident

Even though Brookers along with us and many others are no longer Magnolia Park residents a lot of us still think of Magnolia as a place where we have a lot of very good memories so we try to keep you updated when something noteworthy happens to any one of us.

Unfortunately Butch had an accident in the shower last night (starting with a dropped bar of soap), fell and broke his femur. I talked with Barb this afternoon for a short time and he was in surgery at that time. She spent the night with him over at the hospital and got no sleep so I didn't keep her for very long. Someone from here at Trophy Gardens was going to take her back over to the hospital late this afternoon as Butch should have been out of surgery by then and I haven't talked to her since then. I think it perhaps was a pretty nasty break so I imagine it took some time to patch him back up. Keep them in your thoughts and prayers and I know we all wish for Butch a speedy recovery along with maybe a big dose of patience for the time it will take to heal. (He is in a hospital over in McAllen but I'm not 100% sure which one.)

No comments: