Sunday, November 16, 2008

Goog-411

At computer class on Friday, Butch came in from the office and I asked him what he was doing. He said getting a phone number for the golf course. I said why didn't you use goog-411? He didn't know he could or hadn't remembered it so we had a short demo and goog-411 dialed the number for him.
I can see how this could be quite useful to some of you Magnolia people as you travel south so I wanted to get this info to you ASAP.

Here's a number worth putting in your cell phone, or your home phone
speed dial: 1-800-466-4411. This is an awesome service from Google,
and it's free -- great when you are on the road.

Don't waste your money on information calls and don't waste your time
manually dialing the number. I am driving along in my car and I need
to call the golf course and I don't know the number. I hit the speed
dial for information that I have programmed.

The voice at the other end says, "City & State." I say, "Garland,
Texas." He says, "Business, Name or Type of Service." I say,
Firewheel Golf Course." He says, "Connecting" and Firewheel answers
the phone. How great is that? This is nationwide and it is absolutely
free!

Click on the link below and watch the short clip for a quick demonstration.

Goog-411

No comments: