Sounded really good!
Recipe: Key Largo Key Lime Pound Cake with Key Lime Glaze 4/17/2008
* 1 cup butter
* 1 cup shortening
* 2 cups white sugar
* 5 eggs
* 3 cups all-purpose flour
* 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/2 cup milk
* 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 1/2 cup key lime juice
* 1/4 cup white sugar
* 1/4 cup butter
* 3 tablespoons key lime juice
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10 inch
2. In a large bowl, beat 1 cup of butter, shortening and 2 cups of sugar until light
and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, blending each one thoroughly. Combine
the flour and baking powder, stir into the batter alternating with the milk, vanilla
and 1/2 cup of key lime juice. Pour into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
3. Bake in the preheated oven until a knife inserted into the crown of the cake
comes out clean, about 90 minutes.
4. While the cake is baking, make the glaze in a small bowl. Stir together 1/4 cup
sugar, 1/4 cup butter and key lime juice. When the cake is done, invert it onto a
wire rack while still warm, but not straight out of the oven. Poke several times
with a skewer or toothpick. Pour the glaze over the warm cake allowing it to seep
into the holes. Allow the cake to cool completely before serving.