Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Kay Voss can can

... and cook and bake and it certainly looks like she is hard at it.
Kay Voss says."I picked a total of 109 pounds ! All the rain helped;  froze many bags and gave away at least half."

20 pints of cherry pie filling


We have finished butchering our chickens....I canned pieces of meat from the backs/ribs.  7 pints of meat for soups and 5 pints of broth for various recipes"

"So yummy!   10 jelly jars of cherry jam"



"Our reds are starting.  The yellows are producing too.  The yellows rarely make it to the house,  they are honey sweet!"


"Today I am taking it easy....this is all I have baked today.   Later I do plan on making chocolate cake, topped with canned cream cheese and canned cherry pie filling on top of that.  Jim is finally starting to feel like eating again, so I am trying to fatten him up a bit.  He is very thin.....what a problem to have!"

No comments: