Saturday, December 27, 2014

Recipe adjusted

Below you will find the basic recipe I fell in love with last summer using strawberries. And sometimes strawberries can be a bit hard to come by so I have used other fruits- the latest being papaya. And for my Christmas dinner contribution, I used papaya and bananas sprinkled with lime juice and then added the Romanoff sauce I used in the strawberry recipe below.
The only adjustment I made to the sauce was I used 1 tbsp brown sugar and 1 tbsp agave syrup to the 1/2 cup sour cream. Honey could also be used instead of the agave. I love it! Surprise yourself and you may like it too.
Just before posting this I enjoyed a bowl of papaya with the Romanoff sauce and yes indeedy, I still love it!
Strawberries Romanoff
(Makes 4 small servings, recipe inspired by Strawberries Romanoff at Le Parisien Restaurant.)

Ingredients:
1 pound fresh strawberries
1/2 cup sour cream (I use light sour cream, but never fat free)
1 T brown sugar
(You can use all Stevia or all brown sugar, or any combination of sugar/ sweetener that you prefer.)

Instructions:
Be sure to buy the reddest and ripest strawberries you can find for best flavor. Rinse strawberries, then cut big ones into fourths and smaller ones into halves. Put cut strawberries into a medium-sized bowl

In a small bowl, whisk together the sour cream and sweetener, brown sugar, or a combination of the two. Taste for sweetness to see if you want to add more sweetener. Gently combine sour cream mixture with cut strawberries, divide into four small dishes, and serve.

No comments: