Thursday, July 03, 2014

Hello from wet Minnesota!

This is the land of 10,000 lakes and Billions of mosquitoes.  I found a recipe for a natural bug spray without harmful Deet..it works very well.  I just went to the mailbox, no bites!  Jim is covered with welts from bites; he wears long sleeves, long pants and netting and still gets bitten.  This morning and afternoon he used this spray and has had no more trouble!


Mosquito repellant 

Citronella--60-70 drops
peppermint--30-40 drops
eucalyptus--20-30 drops
lemongrass--20-30 drops
1 Tablespoon of vinegar
water to fill rest of container.   Use a colored glass spray bottle size 4 ounce

I got my supplies from a health food store; total cost was around $28---sounds expensive, but I have enough to last the entire summer, and to make some for the kids too! After measuring out all those "drops"--the bottles have very little used.  It is easy to make, just turn the bottle upside down and count the drops!  Kay

No comments: