Thursday, March 20, 2014

Spring Gardening with Diapers!

 I know many of us are anxious to get our hands in the dirt. Some more than others! I ran across this tip and thought you might like to have a way of keeping those potted plants looking good all summer.

Pinner wrote: When I was in the Master Gardener program we used the water crystals in planters and I knew it was the same thing in diapers, but it never crossed my mind to put a diaper in the bottom of one. Someone else said, "The trick to amazing potted plants - diapers. I did this in my hanging baskets last year and they rocked all season."

2 comments:

Kay Voss said...

I did this last summer for all my hanging pots. Worked very well, I did not have to water the pots every day! Kay Voss

Barbara Brooker said...

Thanks for the info Kay. I plan to do this too this next hanging pot season. I do tire of the daily watering.