Sunday, February 10, 2013

Cake mix banana bread - from Donna Gabbert in Rio Valley Estates

Cake Mix Banana Bread

A good recipe using a cake mix.  I am not sure where I got the recipe from, but I have been holding on to it forever and finally gave it a try.  Now, you can use a white or yellow cake mix to make it. I decided to try it with a butter pecan cake mix.  You can mix in some nuts if you like.  However, I didn’t this time.  It is so easy, yummy, and moist. 

Cake Mix Banana Bread
  • 1 (18.25 oz) pkg cake mix (yellow, white, or I used butter pecan)
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/3 cup oil
  • 1 cup mashed bananas (about 3 medium bananas)
  • 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. In a large bowl blend together the cake mix, eggs, oil, and bananas for 2 minutes.  Pour batter into a greased 5.25 x 9 x 2.75 loaf pan.
  3. Bake for 40-50 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
  4. Allow to cool for 10 minutes, then remove from the pan and allow to cool completely.  Makes 1 large loaf.
Related Posts with Thumbnails

No comments: