Monday, December 10, 2012

Crafty

We have a bunch of crafty people in our park. Monday afternoon you will find the crafters at one end and the woodcarvers at the other end of Allen Hall. All of these people are willing to share their expertise and teach anyone who cares to learn the craft they may be doing at the time.
Several years ago Dorothy Wendt taught me how to do Swedish Weaving on monk's cloth and I loved it. Still do. And my favorite piece is still my first one and then a few years ago I started beading and set the Swedish weaving aside, always with the idea of picking it up again. Recently I picked up an afghan I had set aside about 3 years ago and finished it.

If you ever see a craft being done around the park that strikes your fancy be sure to ask about it because someone will be willing to show you how to do it.

No comments: