Sunday, March 27, 2011

It's Different

The park has such a different feel at seasons end. There is an echo in the streets much like a deserted town. A very different feel indeed. The hustle and bustle of all the activities is suddenly quiet. You may have to look a bit before finding someone to engage in conversation. This season like others passed in a heartbeat. When I was in my 50's a woman of more years told me the older you get the faster it goes. I knew even then the ring of truth in what she said.
I wouldn't be at all surprised to find that those "Converted" Texans we leave behind are not all that unhappy about the sudden quiet. I know in their shoes I wouldn't be. We are all getting older and I am sure I could not keep up the frantic pace of the three busiest months here. So we all get on with the next phase of our year. The converted Texans have a summer of peace and look forward to the next busy season and we winter Texans leave sunny South Texas and go on to different adventures knowing that fall will soon be here and we will start all over again...if we are lucky

And we all think of each other as we go on about our lives. We want to keep our ties to our Magnolia family and know what is happening with each and every one. And we look forward to reconnecting with those friends and family we left last fall. It is always a bittersweet kind of thing.
Butch and I usually feel like we are on 'Vacation' when we pull out in our happy little home.
New adventures here we come!!! BUT we will be thinking about all of our friends too that we will not see now till November. Looking forward...looking back...but living in the now.

No comments: