Saturday, January 08, 2011

Garage sale day and hockey pucks

Today was garage sale day and it is a week late due to New Years Day being on a Saturday. There were lots of things to buy and sell. It is always a very productive day. Some felt sales were a little off due to the change in date. Next months sale should make up for it.
I received my order of a 100 hockey pucks. You might ask what we are doing with 100 hockey pucks in sunny South Texas. Last summer while we were in Michigan I went to an arts fair and they had these flower plates on sale for $35. I looked them over closely and thought it was something the ladies of Magnolia Park might have an interest in as a craft project. In the assembly we need hockey pucks for the attachment on the back. Thus I ordered 100. Anybody need a hockey puck?Bill Sturgeon is helping us out by drilling the holes using his drill press. We will be eternally grateful. I have discovered that Marine epoxy works great as an adhesive to hold it all together.

These are the plates I saw at the Arts Fair.

These are two that I have put together.

No comments: