Thursday, November 18, 2010

Barb Says...

Toil and Trouble
I have been working on a project from the time of our arrival. I couldn't give it my full attention all of the time but I have been plugging away. If you have an item or lots of items to sell there is not a better place to do it than Magnolia Park on the first Saturday of each month. As a member of the park association you are given the privilege of renting a table to display your items for sale. The success rate of this sale is phenomenal. Thus we wait all year to glean down our overstock from the motorhome to sell after we arrive at Magnolia Park. The gleaning process is not what I consider fun but it feels so good once it is completed. I have been working on it a bit at a time, now and then resenting not having the time to get to it. I am happy to say I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I have the inside of the motorhome 99% completed. If no more gets sorted on the inside I can live with that. The hardest part may be yet to come because the outside bins are a dual chore. We both have to be a part of it and Butch can be a bit hard to nail down some times as any of you who have tried can attest to. I do have more success than most.
Come on Down!
People are beginning their southward trek and as we make our walk around the park we are noticing new arrivals nearly every trip. I know those of you who are still in the northern clime are beginning to feel that nip that sends you southward. If the weather stays as it has been you will not be disappointed.
Mexico...
We are asked how things are in Mexico. Butch and I haven't been there yet although I do have a want list in process. The US government is still not recommending travel in Mexico. We Winter Texans do tend to think of Progreso as safe and that may not be the smartest thing to do. Pecan Bill told me the streets of Progreso were not at all busy and the beggars were persistent when he went down this week. Most people are going down for a quick trip to get the usual items we all like to pick up but not staying to party. A party frame of mind is hard to maintain when gunfire may distract you. I think it is enter at your own risk and many still are but not at all like in years past where it was difficult to make your way down the busy streets.

No comments: